So what's new?
- Recently we submitted applications with "the man" to approve labels for our three core beers (Primal Pale, Exile ESB and Lucky 7 Porter) in 12 oz bottles. If everything goes as we hope we should be rolling them out around Labor Day.
- We're also looking at distribution in Delaware, which could happen even sooner.
- And we now have three new beers in the planning/prototype stage which will hit the market in draft form in August/September:
- In the fall we'll be doing a unique twist on the seemingly ubiquitous pumpkin ale- we have a pumpkin patch planted by a local farmer, and details on this (the unique part) will certainly follow.
- On tap at the brewery we have "India Pale Ale Lot #1", our ipa prototype. While not exactly what I'm looking for in our finished product (a little too strong at 7.1%abv and needs a little more malt backbone) that we'll bring to market, I've certainly been enjoying it. It's pretty darn hoppy with 2.5++ pounds per barrel of hops. Folks have been buying up tons of growlers of this stuff. "Lot #2" will be brewed next week.
- And today we brewed the prototype for our stout, tentatively titled "Jamaican Sunrise Stout"- it's a big, roasty Caribbean style stout that will be finished with Rise Up coffee (Eastern Shore's finest!). Today's brew was unbelievable- it literally went perfectly and I'm stoked. Half this batch will be aged in bourbon barrels (sans coffee) and the rest will be sold in our tasting room.